Friday, November 16, 2012

EMBRACE SIMPLICITY (Abana & Pharpar) vs. (Jordan)

Simplicity as the ultimate form of sophistication...

While reading 2 kings chapter 5, we encounter a valiant solder of king of Aram called Naaman. Naaman wanted to be healed from his issues, (skin issues) so he went to a man of God called Elisha with cover later from the king and lots of gifts.When he reached he was told to “Go, wash himself seven times in the Jordan river, and his flesh will be restored and he will be cleansed.
When he hears that Naaman flipped and went away angry. He said, “I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than any of the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed?” So he turned and went off in a rage.
Naaman’s servants went to him and said, “Sir, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you something as easy as, ‘Wash and be cleansed’!” So he went down and dipped himself in the Jordan seven times, as the man of God had told him, and his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.

The moral of the story is: Personally I've my own version of Abana river and Pharpar river for every difficult situation I face in life. Most of the time these Abana and Pharpar are seemingly logical, better, cleaner and nearer than Jordan river. But, when am asked to do the "jordan" its too easy in my mind, so i won't. Its constant tendency of complicating really simple things. Most of the times I try hard, and end up complicating what might have been simple. There is beauty in simplicity though we often forget that. Lets embrace complexity to make it simple; that seems to be the art of living for me.

What did some of my favorite entrepreneurs said about simplicity?


No comments:

Post a Comment