Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SMALL: Life Experiments - Part Two


I started to live life without a back up plans or exit backdoor.

In my previous post you might be wondering about what i said at number 4, yeah i know, it sounds kinda crazy. Some might even say, what does it even mean to live without backup plans?  All throughout my life i've believed "Going through life without a backup plan is just not good". In every area of my life I had always  backup plans. I was really good at giving my self enough options and backups all the time. Some people i know even goes to extent of having a backup boyfriend/girlfriend (Am not that bad, yarr). It dawned on me that, maybe i strive to put backup in place, because i think maybe if God could fail me. Maybe if He doesn't get my back, to feel secured and certain. That is way i don't go all-out. If you uncover the layers and see, the fact of the matter is an issue of Trust. Probably I don't trust God as much as I ought to or would like to. Actually not probably but surely, i didn't trust God completely. This has to change!

Yesterday one man whom i had coffee with quoted this verse “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know”. It's a constant struggle for me not to lean on my own understanding. While I think about the things i'm going through at this point in time, I often think they are complex and I don’t understand why I should be going through them. But ideas is not to rely on what I think I know and trust God to do what he does best without my backup plans. I'm going to embrace uncertainty and keep trusting God.


Safe? Don't you hear what I'm saying?
Who said anything about safe? 'Course He's not safe.
But He's good
. ~ C.S Lewis

The Message: Consider it a sheer gift, friends when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment